Certified Samples for Mooney Test
Pair of certified butyl rubber specimens (Isobutylene - Isoprene) for the verification of Mooney Viscosity.
The specimens are obtained, without rework, from a bale coded as IRM (Industry Reference Material) prepared by the working group ASTM D11.20 (task Group subcommittee on Compounding Materials and Procedures) in accordance with ASTM D 4678.
Content of the Test Kit
The vacuum pack includes:
- N ° 1 lower specimen with standard volume and central hole
- N ° 1 Upper specimen with standard volume
- N ° 2 polyester sheets for the test
- Acceptability limits for carrying out the viscosity test 1 + 4 min @ 100 ° C
- Acceptability limits for carrying out the viscosity test 1 + 8 min @ 100 ° C
- Acceptability limits for carrying out the viscosity test 1 + 4 min @ 125 ° C
- Acceptability limits for carrying out the viscosity test 1 + 8 min @ 125 ° C
- Code for Downloading the IRM Bale Test Certificate prepared by Taks Group ASTM D11.20
Why Should I use Certified Samples?
Verification of viscosity using certified specimens does not replace the calibration of the instrument which must be carried out according to the procedures described in the ISO 289-1 standard and equivalent.
Verification by specimens is a valid method to verify that the instrument provides correct results in the period between two successive calibrations or after Ordinary maintenance and cleaning activities.