Why Choose Adjustable Compression Set ?
The instrument is designed for the execution of tests on finished articles because the distance of the plates can be adjusted according to the thickness of the samples and of the deformation to be applied.
The accurate construction method makes it ideal both for the testing on O-rings or small-size finished articles and for standard specimens.
• Entirely made of stainless steel
• Wide usable surface (100 mm diameter)
• Adjustable distance between the test surfaces between 0 and 20 mm
• Perfect parallelism between the test surfaces (flatness error less than 0.01mm)
The adjustment of the distance between the plates is performed using a standard thickness meter (optional).
Use of the instrument
Performing a test is easy:
• lock the lower part of the device in a vice
• insert and lock the dial gauge in the hole of the upper plane
• turn the adjusting ring to set the distance between test planes to zero
• set the dial gauge to zero
• measure the thickness of the specimen and calculate the distance between the planes necessary to obtain the required deformation during the test
• adjust the distance between the planes by means of the adjustment ring (the dial gauge shows the real distance between the plates)
• lock the position of the surfaces using the locking ring nut
• remove the dial gauge
• remove the upper table to insert the specimens and close it again
You device is ready! Inserted it in the oven for the required time.
After aging in the oven, you only need to remove the top and measure the final thickness of the specimens.
NOTE: further tests on pieces with the same thickness don't require any additional adjustment.