The instrument permits to perform standard tests and to customize test conditions. It can be successfully used both for production control and for research and development purposes.
Standard test cycle
The hose under test rotates at a constant speed while the abrasion tool moves back and forth, parallel to the axis of the hose.
During each test cycle the hose performs a complete rotation and the abrasion tool performs a complete back and forth movement.
The instrument automatically stops, when the set number of cycles has been performed. The evaluation of the result is made by checking if the hose has rigid helix exposed and by measuring the quantity of material removed from the abrasion tool.
• Solid structure to prevent vibrations and ensure long duration
• Quick replacement of the abrasion tool
• Interchangeable weights to set the vertical force on the abrasion tool
• Digital speed controller with speed selection
• Digital counter of test cycles
• Hoses with external diameter up to 100 mm can be tested
• Easy setup of the instrument to select test mode and perform tests with or without axial hose rotation
• Locked protection door and safety push-button
• CE Labelling
The instrument can be set to perform non-standard tests for research puposes:
• Different abrading tools with non-standard shape are available and can be easily installed
• Non-standard vertical force can be applied by replacing the weight on the abrading tool
• The rotation speed for the hose can be set to 60, 75 or 80 rpm
• The test can be performed with or without hose rotation
Expandable Mandrel for hose support
Expandable Mandrel for abrasion tester for Hoses. The device permits easy replacement of the hose to be tested, Hoses with internal diameter between 38 and 42 mm can be used.
Standard Mandrel for hose support
Steel mandrel for abrasion tester for hoses with customer-defined diameter.
The mandrel can be prepared with diameter between 4.7 and 50 mm.
Standard Calibration service for an Abrasion Tester for Hoses
The calibration is performed with reference to the requirements of ISO/CD 20444 Standard.
The service includes:
• Ordinary maintenance of the instrument
• Calibration of Test speed (Hz)
• Calibration of the run of the abrading tool
• Calibration of vertical force applied to the sample holder
• Calibration of the radius of the abrading tool for ISO 6945:1999
• Issue and e-mail shipment of the Calibration Certificate with traceability to primary standards.Sample Calibration Report
Gibitre presents the Abrasion Tester for Hoses to ISO commission.
On October 30, 2019, Gibitre presented the Abrasion tester for Hoses at the Berlin meeting of the ISO TC 45 / SC1 / WG4 commission.
The presentation was made in relation to the development work of the new ISO / CD standard 20444-1: Rubber and plastic hoses - Determination of abrasion resistance of the outer cover - Part 1: Abrasion tests where the hose is rotated against a reciprocating abrasion tool . Gibitre thanks all the members of the commission for their kind welcome.Read More about ISO/CD 20444-1
• Safety protection door with safety switch
• Safety Push-button
• CE labelling
Development and production
The instrument is totally developed and produced in the plant of Gibitre Instruments in Italy.
All the mechanical parts are produced in the company workshop using modern CNC machines.
Components and sensors from well-known brands are selected in order to ensure the maximum reliability in the measures
Internal trained personnel takes care of all the production stages: assembly, start-up, calibration, packing, shipment and installation.